We truly believe that sustainability is not only core to future business success, but is also one of the most pressing issues facing society today. Our strategic imperatives for this year, therefore, to guide us in best achieving our mission are as follows:
- Educate by providing the resources necessary for students to make informed decisions about sustainable management
- Raise Awareness by hosting events bringing to light the pressing issues caused by sustainability
- Create Opportunities by creating and utilizing a CUS Sustainability network, providing learning and work opportunities for Sauder students
- Transform by initiating curricular and operational change
- Motivate by setting an example for students to follow in their personal lives
Our primary initiatives this year will be as follows:
- The Chasing Sustainability Conference
- Collaborating with CUS Clubs and Conferences through co-hosting events and/or providing “green” consultations.
- Connecting with the existing sustainability/environmental student groups on campus to deliver new partnered events or initiatives.
- Expanding our network at UBC, with industry, and within the sustainability community in Vancouver.